Grange Technology College enjoys the benefits of being co-located with Southfield School at the Southfield Grange Campus, a modern, purpose built facility which opened in 2011. This provides an exceptional learning environment with specialist areas for science, design and technology, art, music, sport, drama and information technology. In our campus we have a virtual 1:1 ratio of computing devices to students and staff. All of our classrooms have data projection/interactive whiteboard and full AV facilities.
The atrium provides a large central space with a cafeteria which helps to enable optimal social integration for all students. Connected to the Atrium we also have a large tiered performance space with excellent lighting, sound and staging.
We have a full-sized, county standard artificial rugby / football / hockey pitch. Our extensive grassed areas will return shortly following the building of the new campus. Additionally we have a large and well-equipped sports hall, a fitted gymnasium, a movement room and a fitness suite. We have a hydrotherapy pool which is big enough to learn to swim in.
Our modern campus creates a fantastic learning environment which incorporates the following facilities:
- The Atrium—a large central space with dining area and coffee bar. Ideal for informal meetings and small group sessions
- Performance space—a large tiered auditorium adjacent to the Atrium with excellent audio visual facilities, lighting and stage
- Four large drama, movement or dance rooms, two of which can be combined to create a theatre workshop with retractable seating
- Sports Halls—one ‘four court’ and two gym spaces
- Climbing Wall
- Fitness Suite
- Hydrotherapy pool with changing facilities
- Prayer room with provision for washing
- Specialist facilities for teaching in technology, science, PE, ICT, drama, music (including recording studio), business, life skills, craft, horticulture and catering
- Learning Resource Centre
- Inclusion Suite.
- Over 2,200 ICT devices including open use devices in the Learning Resource Centre and numerous ‘break out’ areas
- Hard surface play areas with amphitheatre and performance spaces
- Two Artificial Turf pitches (1 large, one junior)
- Two multi-use games areas
- Cricket pitch
- Full size grass pitch with running track
- Redgra all-weather area with long jump pit