Emergency Closure Procedures
The education of our students is important and we hope that it will not be necessary to close the school. However, there are occasions when the decision to close may be taken in the interests of the health & safety of our students and staff. As soon as a decision has been taken to close the school (e.g. due to adverse weather conditions) several actions will be taken.
- Local radio stations will be informed (BBC Radio Leeds, Pulse Radio, Sunrise Radio & Fresh Radio)
- The home page of this website will be updated with closure information
- A text message will be sent to parent’s / carer’s mobile phones if we have your number
- If possible, a message will be put on the school's main phone line.
- If possible, we will tweet up to date information on our Twitter feed (@GrangeTech)
Please also note that the BBC Leeds & West Yorkshire website carries a list of closed schools - www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/
It is important that as many people as possible use these means to find out about whether school is open. In very severe weather conditions it is possible that nobody would be able to reach school to answer the telephones.
It is equally important that we have up to date contact information so that we can keep in touch with you should we need to. To inform us of a change of mobile number, please email us your name, mobile number, your child's name and tutor group and we will update your details as soon as possible.