Home School Agreement
Students, Parents, Carers and Teachers sign the home school agreement as part of the admission process. It reads as follows:
The Trustees and Governors expect that everyone who becomes part of the Southfield School community will contribute positively to the success of the school and its students. The aim of this Home-School Agreement is to ensure that everyone involved in each child’s experience at the school, knows what is expected of them.
Southfield School staff will always:
- Keep children safe
- Make learning fun.
- Encourage children to have high aspirations and expectations so that they are prepared to leave school as confident, resilient and independent young adults.
- Develop positive attitudes in all students towards others; respecting all members of the community; treating them as equals, regardless of differences in age, gender, race, culture, belief, values or need.
- Promote personal development that is appropriate to the age and stage of each student, including in the difficult areas of puberty, relationships and sex education
- Become increasingly expert in the specialist support for our students special educational needs and disabilities.
- Keep in regular contact with parents and carers, trying to respond to different preferences for communication approaches flexibly.
- Regularly celebrate children’s achievements and the efforts that they make to learn and achieve.
- Ensure a fair and consistent approach in managing any behavioural problems.
- Provide extended curriculum, outdoor learning and residential opportunities for all students during their career at the school.
- Offer opportunities for parents, carers and families to become involved in the life of the school.
- Offer you support with a range of issues that arise for parents of children with complex needs and disabilities.
Southfield parents/carers will always:
- Ensure that their child attends school regularly.
- Inform the school on the first day of any absence.
- Not take holidays in school time.
- Respect the ’48 Hour Rule’ that keeps everyone safe from virus infection.
- Ensure that their child arrives at school in uniform.
- Keep their dinner money account in credit.
- Make the school aware of any concerns or issues that might affect their child’s health, progress or behaviour.
- Keep in touch with their child’s class team and let them know how they prefer to be contacted.
- Attend Annual Reviews and Parents’ Evenings and discussions about their child’s progress.
Southfield’s Student Code of Conduct will encourage students to:
- Be Safe
- Be Fair
- Be Kind
- Be Proud