Vision & Values - a welcome from the Headteacher
Grange is a diverse, vibrant and cohesive community. We have a student and staff body of around 2100. Our students join us in Year 7 and on leaving Grange in Year 13, it is our aim for them to be confident, resilient and successful individuals who are ready for their next challenges, be that employment, training, apprenticeships or University.
Our school community is built on the values of Aspiration, Respect and Equality. Following our Ofsted inspection in the summer term 2016, our new ‘turnaround team’ is in place, working together with a range of educational experts to offer support, advice and guidance, to ensure that we work ‘differently and better’ to achieve our goals.
Our vision for Grange students is to:
• Enjoy a broad, balanced, stimulating and innovative experience which provides them with a wide knowledge and understanding of the world
• Have the highest aspirations, access to consistently good teaching, and achieve to their full potential
• Feel part of a socially cohesive community where everyone’s contribution is valued and difference is celebrated
• Be self-confident, socially prepared young people who feel safe, happy and healthy and are able to make a positive contribution to society
• Be hardworking, resilient, independent learners who have the skills and self-belief to make positive choices about their future.
We are strong believers in inclusion and are privileged to share the Southfield Grange Campus with Southfield School, enabling us to make provision for students with a wide range of needs. We believe is it essential that students are able to learn in an environment where they feel safe and well supported whilst recognising the importance of maintaining a positive, caring and inclusive ethos, where the ability of every student is recognised, developed and rewarded.
We hope you will take the time to look around our website and learn more about us. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact our reception on 01274 779662 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss A Mander