Road Layout Changes Improve Student Safety
Over the Easter holiday, work has been done to improve safety around our campus entrance.
Bradford Council processed a Traffic Regulation Order to extend the existing one way system on Haycliffe Lane adjacent to the main campus entrance and stopping vehicles from turning right when exiting. This means the road in front of campus is strictly one-way.
The changes include a build-out at the start of the one way system and a change of priorities for traffic at the junction by the tunnel under St Enoch’s Road, along with associated sigage and road markings. Details of the new layout are available in a drawing at the bottom of this page.
This work has been planned and undertaken to:
- make the junction safer and and priorities clearer for vehicles.
- make the area safer for students/staff who cross Haycliffe Lane towards Brownroyd Hil Road or the steps up to St Enoch's Road.
- prevent the campus entrance being used as a turning point.
- reduce traffic around the campus entrance.
- make traffic movement more predictable.
We appreciate this may cause some inconvenience, but given how busy the area can be, especially at peak times, it is necessary in the interests of safety.
We thank our parents, staff and other stakeholders for their continued support in using the roads around the campus in a careful and responsible way, in the interest of the safety of all who attend and work at our campus.
We ask parents to use the purpose build lay-by below our entrance when dropping students off.